Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Some Alternative Remedies For Rheumatoid Arthritis


If there was a way to cut down on our medications for rheumatoid arthritis it would certainly be worth a try. Well there are several natural ways to treat rheumatoid arthritis that can have a beneficial effect. If they work for you you may be able to cut down on your prescription medication. Remember to check with your doctor before you do though.
 
Natural remedies can include food, vitamins, herbs, and lifestyle changes. The best foods you can eat when combating the pain of rheumatoid arthritis are fresh fruits and vegetables, complex carbohydrates and lean protein, such as chicken and fish. Supplements to take are Omega 3 fatty acids (preferably Krill oil) and a good mutivtamin to ensure there are no nutritional gaps in your diet.

To obtain temporary relief from pain, try bathing or soaking in warm water. The hot water helps to relaxing your muscles and joints. Relax in the water for 15-20 minutes, which allows the warmth to penetrate sore muscles and joints. However be careful if there is inflammation present as the heat may cause this to flare up,

Electrical stimulation machines or T.E.N.S can be a great natural treatment for arthritis, but check with your doctor before using one. These machines are used by physios to treat sports injuries, but you can buy your own personal model to use at home for around $200-$500. The electrical current emitted from the machine blocks pain signals in the brain.


When looking at supplements, there are a few that seem to work well with rheumatoid arthritis. Devil’s Claw is an effective remedy to reduce the inflammation of joint tissues as well as removing uric acid.

Valerian is a known herbal sedative which is also useful for pain relief. People who have liver conditions, however, should avoid valerian.

White willow bark is a very old pain remedy. It contains salicin which is the origin of the drug we now know of as aspirin.

Finally there are two enzymes which help keep away inflammation. Bromelain which is found in pineapple and Papain found in Pawpaw are very effective when taken in between meals. They are almost completely free from known side effects.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with RA.I use ginger, turmeric, fish oil, evening primrose oil...they help me more than meds. But for mood and depression I can do nothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with RA.I use ginger, turmeric, fish oil, evening primrose oil...they help me more than meds. But for mood and depression I can do nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Mariana. Have you tried Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT?) It's great for changing emotions and even for pain relief. I wish you all the best xx

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure the following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Shingles 16. psoriasis,Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 Autism. 19.. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete